Pink Power Smoothie Recipe:
Life is crazy – I’m talking about schedules, errands, work, relationships and everything else. While we conscientiously know it’s important to take care of ourselves, we often take care of everyone else first – thus rendering our self-care to an “at some point I’ll get around to it.” Due to this acknowledgement, I thought I’d offer a great-tasting, energy-boosting Pink Power Smoothie recipe that was crafted especially for you. This smoothie is a great source of nutrients and won’t leave you starving. True, the beets take a little more effort to prepare, but the end result is worth it. If you haven’t considered adding beets to your diet, here are a few reasons to consider doing so!
The blessings of beets*:
- contain powerful nutrient compounds that protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, especially colon cancer
- rich in antioxidants
- contain anti-inflammatory compounds
- have been shown to support activity in our body’s Phase 2 detoxification process
- 1 cup water
- ¼-1/3 medium avocado, pitted
- 1 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- ½-3/4 cup strawberries (frozen preferred), hulled if necessary
- 1 small/medium beet, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 large ice cubes (optional for thickness)
- 2 scoops of New Metabolism’s PeaPower protein powder
- 1-2 Tbsp chia seeds
Consider gently steaming the beet until tender before blending if you don’t have a Vitamix, NutriBullet or other capable blender. Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the Chia seeds after you’ve made the Pink Power Smoothie recipe so as to preserve the integrity of the nutrients and the seed.
**Points about the benefits of beets were gathered from The World’s Healthiest Foods.